Monday, May 14, 2007

I praise Him


I praise Him for what He has been doing in my life in the last few months. On Wednesday evenings we have a group at Bible Study/Prayer Group that is so wonderful, I know that it is sure Holy Spirit lead. Our Pastoral Team has been at the Loveland church for about 2 years, this month. What a vibrant and young team they are.

I have been a professing Christian, since I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior in my home back in Illinois at my mother's knee as she lead me to the Lord. My oldest brother was in the service and I didn't want to be baptized until he was back home. I was baptized in April of 1946.

I have not been the servant of the Lord that I should have been, but I tried my best over thoee years to follow Him where ever he led me. Married and widowed twice I ended up joining the 7th Day Adventist Church after reading a little booklet that was called "Steps to Christ" and at the end of reading it, I came back to my apartment and called another lady who lived in my apartment building and asked her if I could go to church with her the following Sabbath. [She had just asked the Lord to send someone to go to church with her on Sabbaths]

To go back, we had been sent the Steps to Christ booklets and I was doing laundry as I read it and I had my bible there to read along with what I read out of the booklet. Another lady in the building stopped and said to me, Are you reading that trash, mine went into file 13? I replied, "I found something out that these two go together like a hand in a glove, I know what I am reading is truth. I used to think that Grandma and a lot of my relatives were all crazy for believing that the Sabbath Day was the day to keep not Sunday like my Baptist church kept.

My family has not been very happy about my decision to become a SDA, but my oldest step-daughter sure was and is. She and I are only a few years apart in age, and it has been like being a mom/sister to my Mary. I shall forever be thankful to the Lord for that little booklet that has changed my life and so many lives I understand.

Oh, I came kind of like a real baby or brat I should say, and the Lord has had a handful in leading me from error to truth. I accepted the Sabbath yes, whole heartedly, it was so much of the other that has taken these years to change me from a whimpering brat into what I am today. "His Child". I am going to be 72 years old in a month and it is strange to be growing and growing at this time of my life into a woman who Loves the Lord and wants above all else to serve Him with all her heart for the rest of my days.

It is wonderful that God doesn't give us knowledge in one fell swoop or we would not be able to accept it into our brains and would end up jumping ship so to speak. I through the years in various churches, and now the SDA church, have never met such wonderful accepting people as I have at this little church in Loveland ~~ they accept you as you are, just like Jesus does, or did. He took me as I am and is taking my past and putting in what He wants into my life as His child. He takes and buries it all old junk in the deepest sea, and we are not to go fishing in that sea of our past, but to trust Him and His wondrous Love and abiding Grace.

Each and every day, I wake up very early in the morning, as this is the best time of the day to spend with the Lord, He has my full attention at 4 or 5 a.m. and that is when we can really visit and talk together. His word when I read it now burns within my being as I read, it really means what it says and I each time I read it, I stop and say, "Now why didn't I see that before." Yes, I may be white headed, but I am alive and so full of life even though I am on O2 and have been for going on 14 years. He has allowed me to really learn more and more about this awesome God we serve.

Well, I have said enough and I pray that the words that I have written will be a blessing to others in knowing that God does not make "Junk", He has made us as little children to grow and to learn about Him. To become His sons and daughters to prepare us for heaven for our Heavenly Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome here, God is my life.

My Blog List

AddThis

| More

THINGS I REALLY DIG

  • "A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING'
  • "AMAZING FACTS"
  • "blooming writer"
  • "Christie-Corner-Vegetarian"
  • "Gluten-Free Girl"
  • "Homemade by Jill"
  • Adventist Hall
  • http://www.amadeoacademy.org/
  • http://www.RenewedHeartMinistries.org/
  • Kayak Paddle Takes
  • My-Church is my Home and Family
  • RHOAN MORGAN

His Books Became Mine

  • The Great Controversy
  • The Bible
  • Desire of the Ages
  • Elizabeth's Poetry

Labels

3 Bullets

There once was a man who had nothing for his family to eat. He had an old rifle and three bullets.

So, he decided that he would go out hunting and kill some wild game for dinner.

As he went down the road, he saw a rabbit. He shot at the rabbit and missed it. The rabbit ran away.

Then he saw a squirrel and fired a shot at the squirrel, but missed it. The squirrel disappeared into a hole in a cottonwood treel.

As he went further, he saw a large, wild "Tom" turkey in the tree, but he had only one bullet remaining.

A voice spoke to him and said, "Pray first, aim high, and stay focused."

However, at the same time he saw a deer which was a better kill.

He brought the gun down and aimed at the deer. But, then he saw a rattlesnake between his legs, about to bite him, so he naturally brought the gun down further to shoot the rattlesnake.

Still, the voice said again to him, "I said, 'Pray, Aim high, and Stay focused."

So, the man decided to listen to God's voice.

He prayed, then aimed the gun high up in the tree, and shot the wild turkey.

The bullet bounced off the turkey and killed the deer.

The handle fell off the gun, hit the snake in the head, and killed it. And, when the gun had gone off, it knocked him into a pond.

When he stood up to look around, he had fish in all his pockets, a dead deer, and a turkey for his family to eat.

The snake, (Satan), was dead simply because the man listened to God.

Moral of the story:
Pray first before you do anything, aim and shoot high in your goals, and stay focused on God.

Blog Archive


~ HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD ~

Jesus, is our life, our Hope and Our Lord and Savior.
In Him do I trust. W/O Him I am lost and wondering around on this globe of existence without any life in me. W/Him, there is life, with Him there is Hope, with Him there is a place for me in heaven one day.

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT
He shed those tears 4 U & I

JESUS IS THE ANSWER

"Our only Hope of Heaven".
He is the bright and morning star, the lily of the valley
our redeemer and forever friend.