Sunday, February 8, 2009

EACH NEW WEEK

Brings the blessing of another week when we be of service unto the Lord and share the Joys of His love with all that we come in contact with.

Yesterday was the Sabbath Day of the Lord our God. What an awesome day it was, with such wonderful music and singing praises unto the King of all the Ages, Jesus our Savior and Redeemer, He is our forever friend.

Pat Graybill and her one son & daughter in law w/their children were there and the two oldest of the children sang a duet together. It is so wonderful when children are trained to sing when they are young and bring that added joy and blessing to a Sabbath Day service like that was.

I love to hear children sing, and being on the music committee for one Sabbath School program a month, I try if children are available to have the kids do the music. Sometimes it is hard to find someone to do special music. The first Sabbath of the month is my time, and the kids that I had asked to sing were not available, so I asked one of the guys to bring us a message in song. He has a great deep voice and brings an added blessing to the program as he does it a cappela most always. Yesterday he sang, "Living for Jesus", this wasn't what he had planned to sing, but the Lord impressed him to change and sing the above song.

We have a lot of talent in the church, and it is sometimes a hard thing to chose someone that is available that day, as many of the kids especially are involved in the Academy in music too.

I am so thankful that my mom raised us up to sing and praise His His Holy Name. I remember that before Daddy was killed, Daddy would sit at the piano and the whole family would gather around and we would sing the old songs and hymns that brought an end to each day. . . .it blessed our hearts and lives to know that He loved us so. After daddy was killed Mom continued to place with in us that same training that daddy had done. I will always be thankful for my mom and for learning to sing at that young age.

To me singing praises to the Lord is like a sermon in song. I remember walking to church when I lived on the farm a few years in my teen years, and singing all the way to church. By the time I got there I was ready for the sermon. Yes, we serve an awesome God. I am so glad that He loves me.

Are you glad that He loves U?





Jesus's Robe of Righteousness is the gift received when we walk with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome here, God is my life.

My Blog List

AddThis

| More

THINGS I REALLY DIG

  • "A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING'
  • "AMAZING FACTS"
  • "blooming writer"
  • "Christie-Corner-Vegetarian"
  • "Gluten-Free Girl"
  • "Homemade by Jill"
  • Adventist Hall
  • http://www.amadeoacademy.org/
  • http://www.RenewedHeartMinistries.org/
  • Kayak Paddle Takes
  • My-Church is my Home and Family
  • RHOAN MORGAN

His Books Became Mine

  • The Great Controversy
  • The Bible
  • Desire of the Ages
  • Elizabeth's Poetry

Labels

3 Bullets

There once was a man who had nothing for his family to eat. He had an old rifle and three bullets.

So, he decided that he would go out hunting and kill some wild game for dinner.

As he went down the road, he saw a rabbit. He shot at the rabbit and missed it. The rabbit ran away.

Then he saw a squirrel and fired a shot at the squirrel, but missed it. The squirrel disappeared into a hole in a cottonwood treel.

As he went further, he saw a large, wild "Tom" turkey in the tree, but he had only one bullet remaining.

A voice spoke to him and said, "Pray first, aim high, and stay focused."

However, at the same time he saw a deer which was a better kill.

He brought the gun down and aimed at the deer. But, then he saw a rattlesnake between his legs, about to bite him, so he naturally brought the gun down further to shoot the rattlesnake.

Still, the voice said again to him, "I said, 'Pray, Aim high, and Stay focused."

So, the man decided to listen to God's voice.

He prayed, then aimed the gun high up in the tree, and shot the wild turkey.

The bullet bounced off the turkey and killed the deer.

The handle fell off the gun, hit the snake in the head, and killed it. And, when the gun had gone off, it knocked him into a pond.

When he stood up to look around, he had fish in all his pockets, a dead deer, and a turkey for his family to eat.

The snake, (Satan), was dead simply because the man listened to God.

Moral of the story:
Pray first before you do anything, aim and shoot high in your goals, and stay focused on God.

Blog Archive


~ HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD ~

Jesus, is our life, our Hope and Our Lord and Savior.
In Him do I trust. W/O Him I am lost and wondering around on this globe of existence without any life in me. W/Him, there is life, with Him there is Hope, with Him there is a place for me in heaven one day.

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT
He shed those tears 4 U & I

JESUS IS THE ANSWER

"Our only Hope of Heaven".
He is the bright and morning star, the lily of the valley
our redeemer and forever friend.