Friday, April 22, 2011

KEEPERS OF THE DAY

Beautiful, but windy day in Loveland, CO. But it is Spring and the rain last night was a godsend, things are greening up so nice an the leaves on some of the trees are coming out. I love the spring, but in Colorado some times it can be really bad. A friend from Elgin, IL when I lived there had gone to school in Boulder and he tome me, "Springtime in the Rockies can be the lousiest time of the year." It can be the most beautiful too, I love to see the birds gathering for the nests that they are building, and the squirrels scampering around hunting the rest of last falls hidden nuts. Many of which they hid in my neighbors planter. We are not allowed to feed them anymore as they keep coming back and some say digging up their bulbs. I haven't had that problem, for some reason, maybe they like me. One likes to get on my table when I am eating out there, but I have to shush her away. If I drop anything on the patio floor, it is gone later if I forget to clean it up. I do keep a broom out there for that reason.

God is so good, and I enjoy those little creatures that He has brought into my life, and also the lake back of our building. Early in the morning many different birds are on the lake, and we have also, a cayote, and coons, once in a while the little black kitty w/the white stripe down the back, those we shy away from because I don't have that much tomato juice to clean away the odor from its spray. At times we see the fox as they make their home back in the old pond that is sort of a wildlife sanctuary for our fox and other animals. We have seen deer down here, but I haven't for a while.

God blesses us with His creatures to care for, and He care for us as we care for others. He is an awesome and Loving Lord God. as we celebrate this Easter season, and remember what He has done for us on Calvary's tree, let us reflect on the wonders our that sacrifice that He gave.


In His Service,

Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome here, God is my life.

My Blog List

AddThis

| More

THINGS I REALLY DIG

  • "A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING'
  • "AMAZING FACTS"
  • "blooming writer"
  • "Christie-Corner-Vegetarian"
  • "Gluten-Free Girl"
  • "Homemade by Jill"
  • Adventist Hall
  • http://www.amadeoacademy.org/
  • http://www.RenewedHeartMinistries.org/
  • Kayak Paddle Takes
  • My-Church is my Home and Family
  • RHOAN MORGAN

His Books Became Mine

  • The Great Controversy
  • The Bible
  • Desire of the Ages
  • Elizabeth's Poetry

Labels

3 Bullets

There once was a man who had nothing for his family to eat. He had an old rifle and three bullets.

So, he decided that he would go out hunting and kill some wild game for dinner.

As he went down the road, he saw a rabbit. He shot at the rabbit and missed it. The rabbit ran away.

Then he saw a squirrel and fired a shot at the squirrel, but missed it. The squirrel disappeared into a hole in a cottonwood treel.

As he went further, he saw a large, wild "Tom" turkey in the tree, but he had only one bullet remaining.

A voice spoke to him and said, "Pray first, aim high, and stay focused."

However, at the same time he saw a deer which was a better kill.

He brought the gun down and aimed at the deer. But, then he saw a rattlesnake between his legs, about to bite him, so he naturally brought the gun down further to shoot the rattlesnake.

Still, the voice said again to him, "I said, 'Pray, Aim high, and Stay focused."

So, the man decided to listen to God's voice.

He prayed, then aimed the gun high up in the tree, and shot the wild turkey.

The bullet bounced off the turkey and killed the deer.

The handle fell off the gun, hit the snake in the head, and killed it. And, when the gun had gone off, it knocked him into a pond.

When he stood up to look around, he had fish in all his pockets, a dead deer, and a turkey for his family to eat.

The snake, (Satan), was dead simply because the man listened to God.

Moral of the story:
Pray first before you do anything, aim and shoot high in your goals, and stay focused on God.

Blog Archive


~ HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD ~

Jesus, is our life, our Hope and Our Lord and Savior.
In Him do I trust. W/O Him I am lost and wondering around on this globe of existence without any life in me. W/Him, there is life, with Him there is Hope, with Him there is a place for me in heaven one day.

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT
He shed those tears 4 U & I

JESUS IS THE ANSWER

"Our only Hope of Heaven".
He is the bright and morning star, the lily of the valley
our redeemer and forever friend.