Saturday, May 16, 2015

I SEE BEAUTY

I see beauty all around me; it is everywhere I look –
 It is in the flowers as they bloom and along a grassy brook,
 
You can find beauty in people or places; it is everywhere you go.
 It is beautiful because God made it all, and I know that this is so.
 
Start with a baby – just look and you will see.
 Isn’t that a creation of true beauty if ever there could be?
 
Look at a sunrise on a morning soon to come;
 Then look again as it sets when that day is done.
 
There is beauty in a tree as its branches reach their upward way.
 Oh, there just isn’t enough about a tree’s beauty that I could ever say!
 
You can find beauty in laughter as it lifts a sad heart.
 Just think of the beautiful happiness that laughter can impart !
 
There is beauty in the smell of a fresh spring rain,
 And there is beauty in a doctor’s skill as he frees someone from pain.
 
You can find it in the quiet times that fill an inner need;
 And you can find it in nature when you contemplate life’s seed.
 
There is beauty in kindness – so don’t be afraid to share –
 If you see beauty in someone, tell them how much you care !
 
You can see the peaceful beauty that shines in a soul’s eyes
 When they realize God’s love surrounds them, and that makes me realize
 
That there is beauty in everything we see or say or do.
 There is beauty in every one of us – and I know that this is true.
 
There is beauty in the love we each have and freely give;
 There is so much beauty when our lives for Him we live.
 
You can find beauty when you look through the eyes with love –
 Just lift up your heart and think of heaven above.
 
Don’t you see what God created with the love He left behind ?
 If you don’t see that kind of beauty, then sadly you are blind.
 
Yes, I see beauty all around me – I see it every day.
 I see so much beauty right now that I’ve just got to stop and pray.
 

© Martha Mitchem  1977
 
 mitchem@carolina.rr.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome here, God is my life.

My Blog List

AddThis

| More

THINGS I REALLY DIG

  • "A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING'
  • "AMAZING FACTS"
  • "blooming writer"
  • "Christie-Corner-Vegetarian"
  • "Gluten-Free Girl"
  • "Homemade by Jill"
  • Adventist Hall
  • http://www.amadeoacademy.org/
  • http://www.RenewedHeartMinistries.org/
  • Kayak Paddle Takes
  • My-Church is my Home and Family
  • RHOAN MORGAN

His Books Became Mine

  • The Great Controversy
  • The Bible
  • Desire of the Ages
  • Elizabeth's Poetry

Labels

3 Bullets

There once was a man who had nothing for his family to eat. He had an old rifle and three bullets.

So, he decided that he would go out hunting and kill some wild game for dinner.

As he went down the road, he saw a rabbit. He shot at the rabbit and missed it. The rabbit ran away.

Then he saw a squirrel and fired a shot at the squirrel, but missed it. The squirrel disappeared into a hole in a cottonwood treel.

As he went further, he saw a large, wild "Tom" turkey in the tree, but he had only one bullet remaining.

A voice spoke to him and said, "Pray first, aim high, and stay focused."

However, at the same time he saw a deer which was a better kill.

He brought the gun down and aimed at the deer. But, then he saw a rattlesnake between his legs, about to bite him, so he naturally brought the gun down further to shoot the rattlesnake.

Still, the voice said again to him, "I said, 'Pray, Aim high, and Stay focused."

So, the man decided to listen to God's voice.

He prayed, then aimed the gun high up in the tree, and shot the wild turkey.

The bullet bounced off the turkey and killed the deer.

The handle fell off the gun, hit the snake in the head, and killed it. And, when the gun had gone off, it knocked him into a pond.

When he stood up to look around, he had fish in all his pockets, a dead deer, and a turkey for his family to eat.

The snake, (Satan), was dead simply because the man listened to God.

Moral of the story:
Pray first before you do anything, aim and shoot high in your goals, and stay focused on God.

Blog Archive


~ HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD ~

Jesus, is our life, our Hope and Our Lord and Savior.
In Him do I trust. W/O Him I am lost and wondering around on this globe of existence without any life in me. W/Him, there is life, with Him there is Hope, with Him there is a place for me in heaven one day.

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT
He shed those tears 4 U & I

JESUS IS THE ANSWER

"Our only Hope of Heaven".
He is the bright and morning star, the lily of the valley
our redeemer and forever friend.