Monday, July 14, 2008

FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE

Went like crazy at the cookout. I only wish that more people would come to those things. I have nothing to complain about, though as my pie, went zip and Roni Jean got the last piece or she wouldn't have even gotten a smiggen of it. It only made one large 9-15 pyrex pan full, used the whole 4 lbs of strawberries and the other to share with friend didn't get made at all. Oh the crust is in the fridge but nothing on top of the crust. Maybe I can make a cherry or blue berry one.

I am not a cherry eater, but many are, I just took too much cherry cough meds when I was growing up. . . so don't like it really in anything. I know that cherries are supposed to be really good for us. I may try them again one of these days to see how good they taste.

I remember as a young girl, I picked cherries from a neighbors trees for mom to make cherry pies as we had company. I picked and by the time I had a bucket full, my arms and me were all broken out with a terrible rash. Looked terrible, but Mom had me wash with Lava soap and then put that awful smelling Mennen aftershave all over. It took care of the rash as it has when I got into nettles and one time into poison Ivy. People say that I am crazy, well, I know that, but those old home remedies still work for me.

I use a lot of Lemon mixed with extra virgin olive oil ~ ~ 50/50 and it helps with the alkaline balance in our bodies. When I broke my shoulder/arm a few months back, it sure did help with other things when I couldn't take the pain meds that the doctor prescribed. The lady who gave me a massage told me to use it after the massage to help with the sore spots and also to relax the muscles. I have used it for leg/foot cramps and aid in other areas. Sometimes those old ways are the best. NO DRUGS!

God gave us the natural things to use for our health, and I am learning ~ ~ slowly, yes, but to use my brain to use these homemade things to save lives and to help others besides my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome here, God is my life.

My Blog List

AddThis

| More

THINGS I REALLY DIG

  • "A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING'
  • "AMAZING FACTS"
  • "blooming writer"
  • "Christie-Corner-Vegetarian"
  • "Gluten-Free Girl"
  • "Homemade by Jill"
  • Adventist Hall
  • http://www.amadeoacademy.org/
  • http://www.RenewedHeartMinistries.org/
  • Kayak Paddle Takes
  • My-Church is my Home and Family
  • RHOAN MORGAN

His Books Became Mine

  • The Great Controversy
  • The Bible
  • Desire of the Ages
  • Elizabeth's Poetry

Labels

3 Bullets

There once was a man who had nothing for his family to eat. He had an old rifle and three bullets.

So, he decided that he would go out hunting and kill some wild game for dinner.

As he went down the road, he saw a rabbit. He shot at the rabbit and missed it. The rabbit ran away.

Then he saw a squirrel and fired a shot at the squirrel, but missed it. The squirrel disappeared into a hole in a cottonwood treel.

As he went further, he saw a large, wild "Tom" turkey in the tree, but he had only one bullet remaining.

A voice spoke to him and said, "Pray first, aim high, and stay focused."

However, at the same time he saw a deer which was a better kill.

He brought the gun down and aimed at the deer. But, then he saw a rattlesnake between his legs, about to bite him, so he naturally brought the gun down further to shoot the rattlesnake.

Still, the voice said again to him, "I said, 'Pray, Aim high, and Stay focused."

So, the man decided to listen to God's voice.

He prayed, then aimed the gun high up in the tree, and shot the wild turkey.

The bullet bounced off the turkey and killed the deer.

The handle fell off the gun, hit the snake in the head, and killed it. And, when the gun had gone off, it knocked him into a pond.

When he stood up to look around, he had fish in all his pockets, a dead deer, and a turkey for his family to eat.

The snake, (Satan), was dead simply because the man listened to God.

Moral of the story:
Pray first before you do anything, aim and shoot high in your goals, and stay focused on God.

Blog Archive


~ HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD ~

Jesus, is our life, our Hope and Our Lord and Savior.
In Him do I trust. W/O Him I am lost and wondering around on this globe of existence without any life in me. W/Him, there is life, with Him there is Hope, with Him there is a place for me in heaven one day.

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT

JESUS IS OUR LIGHT
He shed those tears 4 U & I

JESUS IS THE ANSWER

"Our only Hope of Heaven".
He is the bright and morning star, the lily of the valley
our redeemer and forever friend.